Kelly Bancroft (alumna and playwright)
- One-act play “Lovie’s Spring” was produced by Pittsburgh New Works.
- “Arriving at Bessie” was a Tennessee Williams One-Act Play festival honorable mention
Bill Soldan (student and short story writer)
- Story “The Thirteenth Step” in New World Writing (it was nominated for a 2015 Pushcart Prize).
- Story “Talking and Standing Still” in the Vignette Review.
- Story “The Long Drive Home” in Thuglit.
- Recipient of Juniper scholarships.
- Featured reader at Brews + Prose Reading Series in Cleveland.
Emily Lundgren (student, fiction)
- Story “Tell Her” in grimoire magazine.
Christopher Barzak (faculty and novelist)
- Wonders of the Invisible World novel published by Knopf. Stonewall Honor Award Winner from the American Library Association.
- Guest Editor for “Queers Destroy Fantasy” special issue of Lightspeed Magazine.
- Short story “The Creeping Women” published in Uncanny Magazine.
- Guest author at Books by The Banks Festival in Cincinnati.
Colleen Clayton (alumna and novelist)
- Presentation and panelist at Ohio Education and Library Media Association Conference.
- Novel What Happens Next was an ‘Ohio Reads’ State Library Pick for 2015-16.
- Featured author and panelist at Ohioana Book Festival and Western Reserve Book Festival.
- Contracted by Youngstown State University Special Education Department to teach a summer writing course for 5th grade students.
Emily Troia (student and poet)
- Awarded the 2015 Leonard Trawick Scholarship from CSU
- Accepted into and attended the Summer 2016 Kenyon Review Art of Text Workshop
- Read at The Big Big Mess, May 16th, 2015
- Read at Brews and Prose, March 1st, 2016
Jonathan Wlodarski (student and fiction writer)
- Presented at the National Pop Culture Association/American Culture Association conference in Seattle
- Selected to attend Juniper Conference
Varley O’Connor (faculty and novelist)
- Moderated and presented on a panel, ‘Women Writing Fiction in a Post-Feminist Era,’ at the Los Angeles AWP convention.
Anne Garwig (student and poet)
- Two poems published in magazine Icarus Down.
Holly Brown (student and poet)
- 2 poems in Jellyfish
- 1 poem forthcoming in The New Old Stock
- 1 poem forthcoming in H_NGM_N
- 3 poems forthcoming in Rockhurst Review
Abi Bechtel (student and poet)
- Featured reader for The Big Big Mess Reading Series
- Essays published on TIME.com and xoJane.
Philip Brady (faculty, poet, and essayist)
- To Banquet with the Ethiopians: A Memoir of Life Before the Alphabet, Broadstone Books.
- Poems & Their Making: A Conversation, Etruscan Press, 2015.
Steven Reese (faculty, poet, and essayist)
- Article “Jeffers in Context: The Presence of Shelley” accepted for publication in Jeffers Studies.
Mary Biddinger (faculty and poet)
- Published her fourth full-length collection of poems, Small Enterprise (Black Lawrence Press, 2015).
- Poems “My Upper Peninsula” and “Copper Harbor” appeared in Here: Women Writing on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula (Michigan State University Press, 2015).
- Poems appeared in the literary magazine Gargoyle, issue 64: “Most Unique, Mint Condition,” “Horizon-Free Living,” “A Little Action,” “Conspicuous Consumption,” and “Consolation Prize” (Paycock Press, 2016).
David Giffels (faculty and essayist)
- Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award, 2016.
- An essay, “A Comedy of Errors,” published in Cleveland Magazine, August 2015.
- An essay, “Shaving Needs,” accepted for publication in Other Fathers, Other Rooms, an anthology of literary essays about contemporary fatherhood.
Eric Wasserman (faculty and fiction writer)
- Short story “Trampled Under Foot.” Insomnia & Obsession Magazine